Thursday, May 27, 2010

Elbow injury in golfing

Man…have you ever had an injury to your elbow as a golfer? There is nothing more debilitating than this nagging little injury that hurts every time you swing a club and hit the ball!


Just the other day I started to feel my elbow on the course and made sure to ice it right after I was done. The pain fortunately went away until… the next time I played (Ugh).


Again I iced it and it felt better, but the next time I went out to play I made sure to have a light grip on the club and it made a huge difference!


Goes to show you how tight we grip the club and don’t even know it.


As a golfer, elbow injury or strain should first be treated as I did above. If that doesn’t work, take a week off from playing or hitting balls. If that doesn’t work, you may need to see an orthopedic or a therapist for more advanced therapy or treatment.


Read more on elbow injury to a golfer and see all our golf injury, including our complete golf improvement articles section of the main site!

No comments:

Post a Comment